Director: Lisa Taub has been a part of The Early Years School community since its founding—she is the daughter of co-founder Tama Taub, served as one of its first teachers, and went on to teach in most of the groups, where she got to know the range of developmental needs of the children. She later became an Early Years School parent when her daughter attended. She has a BA in child development, a MSW, is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker, and completed two post graduate training programs—a fellowship in Child and Family Psychodynamic Psychotherapy and a two year training program in Infant and Family Mental Health. Her professional career spans more than 30 years and is focused on supporting families with young children.
Co-Founders: Joy Siegel and Tama Taub founded The Early Years School in September 1982 in Santa Monica. They moved the school to its present location on Montana Avenue in September 1984. Tama and Joy retired in 2016 after serving as co-owners and co-directors for 34 years.
- Are highly qualified and experienced early childhood educators who regularly participate in on-going education
- Are comfortable in setting limits and skilled in teaching conflict resolution
- Are warm, nurturing, understanding, and have a sense of humor
- Appreciate each child’s uniqueness
- Are committed to working as members of a teaching team, often mentoring others in the field
- Staff turnover is low – student teacher ratio is a maximum of 1-8, supplemented by an additional teacher for small group work
- All staff maintain certification in CPR and First Aid