The Early Years has continually maintained its accreditation since 1989, when it was the first school in Santa Monica to be so recognized and one of only six hundred schools nationwide. Early childhood programs accredited by the NAEYC have voluntarily undergone a comprehensive process of internal self-study and improvement. Each NAEYC accredited program must meet all 10 of the NAEYC Early Childhood Program Standards.
- 1. Promote positive relationships for all children and adults.
- 2. Implement a curriculum that fosters all areas of child development-
cognitive, emotional, language, physical and social.
- 3. Use developmentally, culturally, and linguistically appropriate and effective teaching approaches.
- 4. Provide ongoing assessments of child progress.
- 5. Promote the nutrition and health of children and staff.
- 6. Employ and support qualified teaching staff.
- 7. Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with families.
- 8. Establish and maintain relationships with, and use resources of, the community.
- 9. Provide a safe and healthy physical environment.
- 10. Implement strong program management policies that result in high-quality service.
For more information about the Standards and NAEYC Accreditation visit www.rightchoicesforkids.org.